Saturday, April 24, 2010

Green Thumb

I do not consider myself a "yard person." Although, I do take pride in how well my husband maintains the yard.
Chad's GaGa (who passed away) was known as the "Rose Lady" because of the quantity and quality of the roses she grew and cared for. For those of you who do not know...having a rose bush that bears fruit (yes, a rose is a fruit) takes a good bit of time and knowledge. I don't have either of those but I think GaGa watches over my rose bush. This is what my Dolly Parton rose bush looks like this week.



1 comment:

  1. Your roses are beautiful !!!
    So, I learned something a few weeks ago from my aunt.... Once the bud dies off clip it right under the bud and a new bloom will produce. I would always just let mine die and dry up BUT I found out that it kills the stem off and it won't regrow... I started clipping mine off and now I can see new growth....

    ReplyDelete